Friday, June 10, 2011

Home next Wednesday!!!

Have I ever asked you why that first "d" is in Wednesday? I mean, nobody, except maybe me and Kristine, one of the therapists here, pronounces it. So why is it there?
Don't you think that as a society we ought to petition Funk & Wagnalls, Websters and the rest of the Dictionary Dudes to adios it?
It would be doing the English speaking world a favor should there ever be a "d" shortage. I mean, like we could prevent a "d" shortage should the threat of one ever come about, huh?

Anywho, as it stands right now I should be expelled from the rehab next Wednesday, if not before...although the "not before" is outa my hands.

T'will be nice to get home, be home, and do home things like sleep in my own bed.
I know I have been down this path a coupla times before, but I believe this trip home is gonna stick.
I had that splendid check-up at the University of Colorado Hospital on Monday, I have been an exemplary and patient patient here to the Fort Collins Health Care Center, a.k.a. rehab, have a new found respect for diet and exercise which I've decided to keep up with when I leave here...note that I didn't say, "intend to keep up with" because the road to hell is paved with good intentions and I really don't wanna go that route.

I'm feelin' pretty good and am awaitin' my Friend Doug to come and take me to one of those A & A meetin's where, if just all by myself I can respectfully celebrate its 76th year of existence.

1 comment: