Thursday, June 2, 2011

167.8

When I was diagnosed March before last I weighed 238...gulp (I mean that figuratively, like when you get surprised or something.)
Since somewhere in the 70s I've struggled with my weight.
They weigh m,e every day here at the rehad...Fort Collins Health Care Centre...and this morning I clocked in @ 167.8!
Think I couldd/should go on Late night TV and spew Cancer and its complications as a weight loss program and get paid for it?
I could sell bottles of Cancer pills for $29.95 for a months supply and for only 3 EZ Payments of $9.8333333333333333333333333 but if they call in the next 17 seconds we'd knock off one payment and double the shipping and handling of $7.95!
I could use Photoshop to make me look even heavier than I was and to look like I've muscleized (I wish). I could rent a Hummer and a really cool boat to flash around in the background.
Oh,yeah...I'd need a dozen or so bikini clad chicks to be swarming around, most of them on their feet.
Don't know what song to be playing in the background.
Any ideas?
And somehow ignore what the cancer journey entails and that even if you go into so-called remission, depending on the type of cancer you have it may always have cells lurking in your body. And that the complications are sometimes way more troublesome than the cancer is/was.

Which is what I'm dealing with now and what has caused the weight loss.
Loosing the weight that I have is certainly by circumstance and not by virtue.
I love my PTs and my OTs and they kick my ass sometimes during therapy, but what has caused my current weight dive, 174 last week to the 167.8 of today is the C-diff has returned.

So, it is adding more time to my stay here at the Rehab Hilton.
I'll get outa here and home someday.

The first time I contracted C-diff I was in the hospital and it took a good monyh or so to adios and those who came to visit me, including Drs. and nurses had to put on paper hazmat suits. The second time was in my second rehab and they made people gown up if they wanted to, but nobody did and here they just want to emphasize serious hand-washing.
So, how long is it (the above two colored c-diff words are links) gonna extend my stay here?
Dunno.
Ain't gonna ask.
Now, the paradox if you will.
Yesterday I went to my Pulminologist who had reviewed both my most recent chest x-ray and catscan and declared that the chest x-ray was the best since I first saw him about three years ago and the catscan showed no abnormalities in my lungs, other than the mystery mass which has been biopsied non-malignant!
I didn't know all this was included in the Adventure I wanted this to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment