Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Don't be assummin' that...

...cuz I ain't been "on-blog" that I've gone awol, mia, or dia!
My sis and her son stopped by and got to spend the better half of the weekend with me...the worst half was the time they weren't with me!
I actually probably o'er did myself some. 
We had some magnificent face time and also took a nostalgic trip up to Red Feather the normal way, i.e. 287 to the Forks, and came back the abnormal way, i.e. down Rustic and then via Stove Prairie and along the way she sought to relieve the Rocky Mountains of an amount of rocks commensurate with the square footage of the property she owns in Red Feather!
So, it, her visit and the ensuing time thereafter gave me time to get out of my head and be with her and the wonderful outsidedness that our peace of the Rockies has to offer.
Made me forget, for the time being, my days in Denver last week at the Anschuis Cancer Clinic/Center (or whatever it's called and however it's spelled...) where I was "lovingly" subjected to a battery of tests and between tests a lot of time to thin k and reflect how lucky I am to have been given the opportunity  over the last 23 years to learn how alter my attitude(s) and hopefully reflect to myself and others that life, and Adventures are good!
I'm gonna pull thru this thing called Multiple Myeloma and absolutely know, not just believe that the most satisfactory years of my life lie ahead of me.
Whilst I was there, I got to spend some butt-cheeks time between tests and do some serious people watching. I'm not a body watching or expression watching expert, but it was alternately painful and exciting to watch and decifer those who were determined to deal with whatever their health issue(s) are from those who were resigned to the pain and internal awfulness of what they are going through.
I could/can emphasize with both and am eternally grateful that even though I have this thing called cancer and even though, as of today, it is deemed incurable that I can scoff at that and say, "But it/they don't have a clue whomst their dealin' with!"
When first diagnosed, just 3 months or so ago, the 'prognosis' was, if you will, that with the chemo and a bone marrow transplant they could statistically give me 5 years...
But in the 3 months, the treatment plan has changed, often times to my displeasure (But what the heck do I know?) and now with the chemo, a stem cell transplant they are now statistically able to offer me 10 years!
So, I sit at the top of the Bell-Cancer Curve, whereas just 10 years ago if I had of been diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma I would have been told, "Well, son, go home, rest easy and when things get unbearable we'll up the morphine drip and bring in Hospice."
My Goodness, what a fortunate "young" man I am, I am...
To bad I outlived Dr. Suess...I coulda maybe given him some material to work with!

No comments:

Post a Comment