Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Another Chemo free 10 days!

Well, I just finished round (cycle as "they" like to call it...) two of chemo...4 more to go!
I get a break of 10 days or so between cycles and although this is just the second, I'm looking forward to it and the others coming up!
Monday next I go down to the University of Colorado Medical Center for a consultation about my bone marrow transplant. They way I understand this "process" is that, and this is "their" language, "If I respond well to the chemo then I 'qualify' for a bone marrow transplant. And if I then respond well to the bone marrow transplant then I'll have 5 years."
Ha! They don't know who they're talkin' 'bout!
5 years?!?
Heck that ain't gonna get me to 30 years sober and I am gonna get there!
There is no question about the chemo and I not gettin' along...we're best buds!
So therefore the bone marrow transplant is just a given and I'll respond well to that and thenst 5 years is a dang long time...and "they'll" come up with something, or the Great Physician will.
So all this s just another bump in my journey and it is urning out to be quite an adventure even though I haven't been able to travel anywhere.
I had hoped to make the Myeloma Conference in Portland, OR at the end of the month but "logistics" and insurance companies are not cooperating so my trip to Portland is on hold until after the bone marrow transplant.
The first full weekend in July is when the Alcoholics Anonymous International Convention is being held in San Antonio. It happens every five years and should I figger out a way to go this will be the fifth one I've been to. But if chemo and bone marrow transplants cause me to miss it I'll just consider that I'm leapfrogging over it to get to the next one in 2015, wherever it's gonna be held.
Hey, I gotta get ready for church tonight, so I'll sign off for now.
Church?
On Wednesday?
Yep. That's when a few of us Ragamuffins go and attend the First Church of the Second Chance.
I get fed in a number of venues...

2 comments:

  1. Hey Pete, I'm glad to read that you are doing well. Keep it up! If you are feeling up to the conference in San Antonio this summer maybe we could meet up for a bit. I don't live too far from there. Take care!
    Ferne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, You are going to get there...we've always known you were one in a million and besides that starting from such a strong place spiritually and physically (OMG what your body has lived through and still fights back with amazing force)
    Thanks for sharing the journey with us all. XO

    ReplyDelete