Wednesday, June 30, 2010

I'm here...

...at the University of Colorado Hospital in Aurora!
Had my "surgery" yesterday where they put in another port so know I have one on the left side of my chest as well as the right.
They are using the new one to administer chemo 24/7 for 4 days...the 24/7 is on their calendar and so instead of thinking I'll be able to come home on Saturday, I'll be home on Sunday because the moment they started the chemo is when the days started and that was late last night.
Late last night you ask?
That's what I asked, too.
My 4 day stay I thought started yesterday when I arrived, Tuesday (1), Wednesday (2), Thursday (3), Friday(4)  so worst case scenario I'd be adiós Saturday. Wellst on account of not getting started on the chemo late last night we stretch out the 4 days of 24/7 chemo ending sometime Saturday.
Well, that ain't all bad because there's a fold out bed in my room, which is reaaaallllly nice...the room,
I ain't checked out the fold out bed... , my brother will be here and will have my car that Doug who brought me down yesterday and who with Pam his wife who made me that wonderful book bag I call it...but I've shopped with it too!...as they are taking off for a retreat with some 50,000+ buddies of mine gathering in San Antonio who get together every 5 years and celebrate recovery from alcoholism. This would have been the 5th the convention I've been able to attend but I'm damn well planning on attending the 7th!

Enough for now cuz I'm gonna take a nap ad dream about wow fortunate I am to have you, your thoughts and prayers, the incredible Coincidence that led me to having insurance which covers some of this "stuff", and the amazing lives I've led and yet to live.



3 comments:

  1. So glad you're there and got your surgery approved and seem to be in a nice room and will be starting to get well now (to show everybody 10 years was less than half of what it bought you and all of us that will still be here with you in 20+ years)
    I kept meaning to call you for that coffee date but you got sort of busy with being sick (Pneumonia & falling down episodes) and then more or less on call, waiting for insurance and I'll be here when you get home and feeling up to it with your newly supercharged cells. With love...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok have a good nap. Pardon me if I'm confused but does this mean that the "Pete Sitting" will happen earlier rather than later? Keep us posted.

    Stephanie in Joshua Tree,CA (not that anyone in their right mind would want to leave the Mojave Desert in the summer -- just remember its not the humidity -- it's the heat!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you are here now, , ,

    ReplyDelete