Friday, June 18, 2010

OK, so maybe the day after...




Best laid plans of mice and bloggers...
I had intended to come back and rant yesterday, but received an e-mail from the Hospital in Denver that they had misplaced, a.k.a. lost my last set of labs so could I come down immediately and give them some more blood 'n stuff.
So I did.
Wellst, last plan...which was good up until day before yesterday...was that I go down to Denver and check in for 4 days and they would harvest some stem cells,blast me with chemo and I'd be on my way to being set for the transplant.
Well, I shoulda known...
Seems that the insurance co, hasn't yet authorized the transplant, so I ain't checkin' in to the hospital on Monday and don't know for sure when.
And when I do, the 4 days is out the window.
Here's part of an e-mail I received from the UCH Transplant Coordinator:


The transplant authorization is still pending.  Until that happens, I cannot provide dates; even my best guess is never good enough.  I would fill out the paperwork for Brent's and keep the dates blank for now. 
The best I can tell you is that he will start with a 5 day hospitalization for DTPACE chemotherapy followed by  10 days of neupogen, either outpatient or inpatient.  Then will receive 1-5 days of collection; again, either outpatient or inpatient.  Once collection is complete, it will vary when Peter will come back in for the admission for transplant.
Please let me know if there is any other information I can provide.
Thank you! 


So, know you know what I know.

I sent of an e-mail to my oncologist up here to see if'n maybe I should get back on chemo.
As I was telling my friend Doug at lunch today, I still don't think this is gonna kill me, but there is a caveat to that...that's providing I get the proper treatment.
I believe that I'm getting the proper treatment up to this point, but all of a sudden it's ground to a halt, so to speak.
It's not my Practitioners that are being neglectful, not at all. I respect all of them...save for one who ain't "on the team" any more.
It's the insurance co. They did this prior to my starting chemo claiming that one of the chemo drugs wasn't on their approved drug list. It took them about two weeks to come around that time.
I hope it doesn't take that long this time.


1 comment:

  1. We're all praying your insurance company will have got their act together Monday morning and all the stress of dealing with something just SO WRONG will be over and you can get back to your journey (AKA roller coaster ride)
    You're in our most loving thoughts daily despite the rare appearance of a comment to let you know so.
    OX

    ReplyDelete