Monday, August 16, 2010

Oh Good grief Charlie Brown

This blog, as are most of them I suppose, is more for me than yous.
I just re-read the last blog I wrote about going home and how excited I was...well, everything went to hell before I even left the hospital. It was nobodies fault other than me and my thinker. I could have been home but as things came up and people had to cancel I had a couple of people who were willing and could have come down but in trying to save them the trip I hung in with some who couldn't come when they originally thought they could and then they were willing to have there spouse come down, but that, in net terms would get me home about the time as someone who I thought was on they way but was having cell phone issues and about the time I caught up with him he was already back in Fort Collins but was willing to come down and my headache (which was bone pain.)..thanks Gregg! My skull was hurting so it was really a skull ache!

So I started my 4 days in Fort Collins on the wrong foot...it wouldn't matter because bone pain in fused itself in to both my feet.

When I left I had a list of 17 things that I wanted to do while "home". I brought that list back with me and there are still 12 items not checked off!

Friday I felt so-so but I did get a couple of things done including a Fort Collins Board of Realtors and made it to Jack's meeting which was not on the list because there were two things that were not on the list and I crawled to the las one, a bbq @ Max & Sandys.

Saturday I set out to finish my list and attend a bbq that our Monday night Group was going to have at my house......but by early afternoon my legs and my shoulders hurt soooo bad I had to go home and cancel it.
I had, in spite of the pain medicine, a horrible night but did manage to get to church. After church I just went home and my "Angel care giver" Cindy came over as did Super-didn't-know-she-was-gonna-be-a-nurse-Connie. They packed me, fed me, flushed my ports and sadly, left cuz they had to.

This morning, promptly at 8:00 as instructed I called down here to ask when my bed would be ready and was told I could come down because hey had several beds!...

...I'l finish this up in the morning. I'm bushed.

2 comments:

  1. Ft. Collins wasn't a bust -- just think of the things you DID do and get accomplished. They wouldn't have gotten done if you hadn't of gotten home! Whatever the other things were -- well, they can wait.

    I'm sure everyone understands your "chemo brain" and realize communication is just gonna have to be verified for awhile -- so whomever, however you got home -- thanks to them. AND thank you to all that are taking such good care of my big brother!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie in Joshua TreeAugust 18, 2010 at 6:23 PM

    Yikes I'm not sure what Bone Pain is but it sounds like it is not fun. And there are so many bones in the body. It's weird, I do a yoga called Yin Yoga and one of the goals is to try and be able to "feel your bones". Which I never thought possible. So if it's any help -- you are now an advanced Yin Yogi! feeling your bones. But keep the pain meds coming. love, stephanie, doing yoga in the Mojave Desert

    ReplyDelete