Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Long time no "talk"?!?

Howdy,
Seems like a long time since I've "blogged", a.k.a., we've talked...
Well it has been and I ain't even gonna go back and figure out how long, but it's been a while.

So, I'll kinda bring yous up to speed, even if'n I can't 'member last we spoke...

I'm gonna get my transplant tomorrow, wowsers!
What a journey/adventure!
The past few days have been sorta strange. I received the last of the "wipe out my bone marrow/white cells/red cells/ platelets chemo and they also wiped out a lot of my memory.
Some of you know that years ago (23+) I used to drink a wee bit, and some of you will recollect a post around the ... no, that was July 10th and had to do with my MVA (medicinal talk for Motor Vehicle Accident, which is the verbiage they like to use in here for why my left arm doesn't function!).
I guess I wasn't diagnosed with Myeloma (Bone Marrow Cancer) until March 17, 2010 or elst I probably would have blogged about what happened to me on March 7, 1987.
Anywho, ante-grade post (a.k.a. sometime in the future) 3/7/87, the past few days have sorta reminded me of what happened to me in the past few days.
Nicole, one of my Nurses, just came in and I asked her what happened to me in the past few days.
She said, "Chemo brain"...as if I didn't know what Chemo brain was.
Chemo brain s a temporarily {I hope!} malady which affects the brain causing it to have "crashes", most of which are memory related.
I don't clearly remember what has happened to me in the past few days because they "bombarded" me with so much chemo tho effectively kill off as most of the cancer cells, unfortunately along with a bunch of my healthy cells, as they could prior to transplant {TOMORROW!!!}.
So, if you called or dropped by and I seemed "out of it", I apologize, but I was "out of my head".
Somes of yous who have experienced this or know someone who has experienced this will know what I'm talking about.


Whilst I was "out of it", the most wonderful Real Estate Office in the universe, RE/MAX Advanced, of course, staged a benefit car wash for me raising a significant amount of money to help me through this "ordeal" and for that I am eternally, like forever, grateful. To work at an establishment that is as caring and as wonderful is something that is to be cherished, and I cherish "it" in "its" entirety.
Yous alls @ RE/MAX Advanced from Tammy who opens up every morning to Sandy who shuts 'er down and makes her sparkle and spearheaded by this Specialness Person whomst I respect beyond measure are simply beyond treasure and I mean that, not just because of the Car Wash but because yous are whos yous are and have been planted at 1018 Centre there to Fort Collins, CO on a very special mission...if yous be wondering what that mission is, just come walk in the door and take a whiff of the air, as there is something very special about what you will breathe and it, the air, will bring about a spiritual change in you if you let it...I promise.

Nuff said, nuff cried.

I'll "talk" to you tomorrow before and/or after transplant...new/extended life.

Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment